To enjoy tourism in North Carolina is to visit one of the blessed states in America; packed with breathtaking mountain scenery, gorgeous beaches, and all the charm you can look for in a place that’s home to Nascar and so much more; Through this post, discover the essential places you must visit and all the activities you cannot miss along your journeys.
What to see in North Carolina?
Although until now you have rarely heard of North Carolina as a tourist destination; you should know that it is actually a privileged place in the United States, it has four forested national parks, rivers, lakes, waterfalls and high mountains; a true natural paradise.
The best places you can visit during your visit to this state and that you should include in your itinerary are
- Wilmington, where some of its most popular beaches are located. It is an ideal port city to visit with the family, it has an attractive aquarium in Fort Fisher, rated one of the best in the United States.
- Nags Head and Kitty Hawk on Bodie Island, where you’ll find numerous miniature golf courses, restaurants, souvenir shops and more.
- Roanoke Island, home to the town of Manteo, where an entire colony of British disappeared without a trace in the year 1580.
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, one of the most visited parks in the North American Nation, accessible by car and with abundant wildlife. In it are its famous black bears, deer, foxes and even moose.
- Asheville, nestled in the foothills of the Blue Ridge, is a vibrant, artsy community with bars, boutiques, and fine dining in its center; You will also enjoy the works of street artists and street musicians.
- Old Salem, is a wonderful living museum where life is created during the 18th and 19th centuries of the Winsto-Salem area of North Carolina; It is a historical monument that you can visit to learn about the culture, trades and art of the Moravian settlers who lived in this region.
- Bald Head Island, a place reached by ferry from the city of Southport or by private speedboat; It is surrounded by 23 km of beautiful beaches, with a relaxed atmosphere, to walk, ride a bicycle or rest lying on the sand. Turtles nest in it and it is possible to watch their babies emerge.
- Chimney Rock State Park, about 40 km from the city of Asheville is this huge rock formation with miles of trails and wonderful waterfalls, its Hickory Nut Fat is approximately 120 meters high and is one of the must-see destinations in this park.
- Hanging Rock State Park, very close to Winston-Salem, is a charming park with 29 kilometers of trails, many of which are easy and others difficult, with a unique landscape, full of waterfalls and even cabins for a dream weekend.
- Blue Ridge Parkway, a very picturesque road in the United States, it is a quite winding stretch of asphalt but from which you will enjoy amazing views in some spaces and others covered by trees that are dressed in beautiful colors in the autumn months; Without a doubt, an incomparable natural spectacle.
- Charlotte, the largest city in North Carolina, which is home to a number of interesting attractions such as its fantastic parks, the Discovery Place where the works of its science museum are combined with a striking aquarium. In this city is the Nascar Hall of Fame, something that lovers of motorsports cannot miss.
We invite you to make tourism in North Carolina, a dream place for your vacations where you will enjoy activities such as visiting the Biltmore House, home of art collector George Vanderbilt or knowing the 1828-meter-high mountain known as Grandfather Mountain, it is part of the major ranges of the Appalachian Mountains.
Take the opportunity to cross an authentic suspension bridge at Mile High from where you will have the most spectacular views of the landscape, while hiking; Do not miss it.