Our regularly inspected inns have high bed and breakfast standards. When guests stay at any of our member North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns, they can have peace of mind that they chose a place offering excellence in food, hospitality, and accommodations. In fact, our standards and inspection program is arguably the most thorough and objective in the bed and breakfast industry.
This is a small sampling of the many requirements our member inns must meet:
- Attractive and well-maintained landscaping and grounds
- Well-lighted safe entries and walkways with adequate number of parking spaces
- Property structure is sound, paint in good repair, clean windows
- Kitchen equipment and appliances clean and well-maintained
- Refrigerator available for guest use only
- Complimentary snacks and refreshments provided
- Walls, ceilings, and moldings clean and in good repair
- Floors and floor coverings clean and in good condition
- Table settings are attractive and fit well into the total ambiance of the property
- Well-maintained furnishings
- Adequate lighting both inside and outside
- Fresh towels and maid service available daily
- Reservation confirmation, cancellation, and check-in/check-out policies provided to guests
- Decorative accessories: fresh flowers, fruits, mints, etc.
- Reading material as well as game tables, cards, and games available for guests
- Ironing board and iron available for guest use
- Fire extinguisher available on each floor, smoke detectors installed on each floor and in each guest room
- Working fire places (wood, gas, or electric) in good repair and well-maintained
- Guests always have access to emergency telephone calls
- Adequate hot water supply
- Bedside table with lamp on each side of primary bed in every guest room
- Window coverings and clean blinds for guest privacy
- Easily accessible electrical outlets
- Guest rooms have alarm clock, mirror, extra pillows and blankets
- Bathrooms have clean mirror, toilet, tub, sink, towel rods, safety grab bar in tub area, extra towels, and emergency toiletry items (available upon request)
- Directories of local restaurants and attractions available
Our guest hospitality and service is of the utmost importance. Our NCBBI members must always operate in an ethical and courteous manner and must make a conscious effort to provide polite and friendly service to guests.
Our caring innkeepers offer more than just safe and clean accommodations. Our member inns often have extra amenities such as private hot tubs, spa services, and some even offer guest packages including restaurant gift certificates and tickets to local attractions (such as the Biltmore Estate in Asheville).
Equally important, our complimentary gourmet breakfasts as well as our refreshments and snacks will satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. For guests with any food allergies or special diet requirements, our innkeepers appreciate notice of this and will be happy to prepare delicious foods in keeping with their dietary restrictions.
Our friendly innkeepers are also ambassadors of their local area. Please feel free to ask them any questions about their city or town and they will be happy to make recommendations based on the interests of each guest. In summary, guests of our North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns can relax knowing that we have high standards and will take excellent care of them during their stay.