Staying at a professionally-run bed and breakfast inn offers an experience well beyond your typical travel accommodation.
How do you choose the B&B that is right for you?
These questions are often addressed on the B&B’s website. All innkeepers will gladly answer your questions by phone or email.
- Are there resident pets? Dogs and cats are not uncommon.
- Bed size? Twin, double, queen king?
- Are non-smoking (or smoking) rooms available? Does the B&B have a smoke-free environment?
- What are the B&B’s policies regarding cancellation, check-in/check-out times, room payment, guest pets, minimum stay, advance deposits?
- What kind of breakfast is served, and will the inn accommodate special dietary needs? Is it served buffet style, at a dining table, in bed?
- Are children welcome?
B&B guests bring good manners
- A B&B is not an appropriate place for a noisy party.
- Many B&Bs have a no-smoking policy.
- If you have arranged to check-in at a specific time, please do so, or call ahead to arrange an earlier or later arrival.
- If you encounter a problem, do ask the innkeepers for assistance. They want you to enjoy your visit! And if the B&B is exceptional, a review on Trip Advisor or bedandbreakfast.com would help other travelers find a wonderful place to stay.
You will meet new friends, enjoy special hospitality, and learn all there is to know about the local area. You are sure to love it so much that you will soon become a regular B&B traveler.