1024 N. Ft. Bragg, Southern Pines, NC. 910-692-2167. Named for Weymouth, England. A 571-acre nature preserve of longleaf pine forest, home of the endangered red-cockaded woodpecker, a permanent resident of the Sandhills. Tour the nature center museum, dedicated to the study of this unique ecosystem; hike the more than 4.5 miles of year-round trails. Guided tours and programs. Bicycling is prohibited. Free.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- Love is in the Valentines Air! Yes, it is that super romantic time of year for couples. Who can resist …More
- What does it mean for our bed and breakfasts to be different in a good way? We have several reasons …More
- We live the good life in North Carolina, which explains why we believe it is the best place to retire. We …More
- Rare is the person who does not love chocolate! North Carolina has many talented artisan chocolatiers. With so many excellent …More
- North Carolina holiday attractions are found throughout The Tar Heel State. This season, we focus on three attractions, one from …More