1024 N. Ft. Bragg, Southern Pines, NC. 910-692-2167. Named for Weymouth, England. A 571-acre nature preserve of longleaf pine forest, home of the endangered red-cockaded woodpecker, a permanent resident of the Sandhills. Tour the nature center museum, dedicated to the study of this unique ecosystem; hike the more than 4.5 miles of year-round trails. Guided tours and programs. Bicycling is prohibited. Free.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- We live the good life in North Carolina, which explains why we believe it is the best place to retire. We …More
- Rare is the person who does not love chocolate! North Carolina has many talented artisan chocolatiers. With so many excellent …More
- North Carolina holiday attractions are found throughout The Tar Heel State. This season, we focus on three attractions, one from …More
- Experience the sights and tastes of North Carolina. North Carolina is famous for many unique things, like being home to …More
- See the largest private collection of vintage race cars when you visit racing history at Memory Lane Museum near Charlotte at 769 River …More