301 N. Main St., Mount Airy, NC. 336-786-4478. A nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and interpreting the natural, historic and artistic heritage of the backcountry region of northwestern North Carolina and southwest Virginia. More than 15,000 square feet of exhibit space is open to the public, and more is under construction. AC.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- There are plenty of people who will agree that the Fall season is their favorite time of year. Residents of …More
- Fall festivals for fabulous fun happen in North Carolina. Many people choose Fall as their favorite season because of the …More
- North Carolina offers so many lasting experiences that stay with you long after you leave. See, experience, engage, and connect …More
- Explore North Carolina’s Mountains-to-Sea Trail one step at a time. Did you know that the Mountain’s-to-Sea Trail stretches almost 1200 …More
- NCBBI stands for nice, classy, big, beautiful, and inviting. We quote some of the thoughtful comments actual North Carolina Bed …More