704-878-3436. Includes the historic downtown area and four outlying residential districts. Many of the commercial and residential structures are on the National Register of Historic Places and date from 1860. Many fine examples of period architecture, including the City Hall (circa 1892), one of the best existing examples of the Richardsonian Romanesque style.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- Discover North Carolina anew by visiting our amazing member inns located throughout the state. Experience Southern hospitality, intriguing history, and …More
- Firsts that last in beautiful North Carolina. The above video is produced by VisitNC. “Hear the waves?” “Yeah.” “It’s the …More
- America’s first grapevine was discovered on the North Carolina coast in 1584. Those roots have since flourished – today nearly …More
- Do you know why travel strengthens relationships and ignites romance? According to the U.S. Travel Association, couples who travel together …More
- Fascinating North Carolina state facts you need to know include the surprising number of times The Tarheel State was the …More