211 New Bern Pl., Raleigh, NC. 919-832-8357. Oldest house within Raleigh’s original city limits on its original site; built in 1799 by State Treasurer John Haywood. Learn about his descendants, family portraits, furnishings and about 200 years of Raleigh’s growth. Gardens contain native plants and shrubs. Free.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- Discover North Carolina anew by visiting our amazing member inns located throughout the state. Experience Southern hospitality, intriguing history, and …More
- Firsts that last in beautiful North Carolina. The above video is produced by VisitNC. “Hear the waves?” “Yeah.” “It’s the …More
- America’s first grapevine was discovered on the North Carolina coast in 1584. Those roots have since flourished – today nearly …More
- Do you know why travel strengthens relationships and ignites romance? According to the U.S. Travel Association, couples who travel together …More
- Fascinating North Carolina state facts you need to know include the surprising number of times The Tarheel State was the …More