DuPont Rd., Hendersonville, NC. 828-251-6509. The forest encompasses more than 10,000 acres with waterfalls and rolling land bordered by moderately steep hills and mountains. The forest is open to the public for hiking, horseback riding, biking and fishing (with a North Carolina fishing license). DuPont Forest is registered as a N.C. Gamelands; hunting is allowed by special permit only, which is issued by wildlife service agents of the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- Discover North Carolina anew by visiting our amazing member inns located throughout the state. Experience Southern hospitality, intriguing history, and …More
- Firsts that last in beautiful North Carolina. The above video is produced by VisitNC. “Hear the waves?” “Yeah.” “It’s the …More
- America’s first grapevine was discovered on the North Carolina coast in 1584. Those roots have since flourished – today nearly …More
- Do you know why travel strengthens relationships and ignites romance? According to the U.S. Travel Association, couples who travel together …More
- Fascinating North Carolina state facts you need to know include the surprising number of times The Tarheel State was the …More