4409 Bennett Memorial Rd., Durham, NC. 919-383-4345. The site where Confederate Gen. Johnston surrendered to Union Gen. Sherman 17 days after Lee’s surrender at Appomattox and ended the Civil War in the Carolinas. Reconstructed farmhouse, outbuildings, interpretive center and museum. Free.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- North Carolina holiday attractions are found throughout The Tar Heel State. This season, we focus on three attractions, one from …More
- Experience the sights and tastes of North Carolina. North Carolina is famous for many unique things, like being home to …More
- See the largest private collection of vintage race cars when you visit racing history at Memory Lane Museum near Charlotte at 769 River …More
- We are confident you will want to stay with NCBBI after …More
- There are plenty of people who will agree that the Fall season is their favorite time of year. Residents of …More