4409 Bennett Memorial Rd., Durham, NC. 919-383-4345. The site where Confederate Gen. Johnston surrendered to Union Gen. Sherman 17 days after Lee’s surrender at Appomattox and ended the Civil War in the Carolinas. Reconstructed farmhouse, outbuildings, interpretive center and museum. Free.
A Tradition of Excellence
Recent Blog Posts
- North Carolina Bed and Breakfast Inns features 4 of the best dessert restaurants in North Carolina. They are each ranked …More
- This post will feature 4 of the best dinner restaurants in North Carolina. Ranked #1 in Asheville, Charlotte, Durham, and …More
- The luck of the Irish comes to North Carolina with some incredible upcoming Irish events. We’ll feature three huge St. …More
- Love is in the Valentines Air! Yes, it is that super romantic time of year for couples. Who can resist …More
- What does it mean for our bed and breakfasts to be different in a good way? We have several reasons …More