Our aspiring innkeeper members are people just like you, still in the planning stages of opening a bed & breakfast or inn. As you probably already know, the innkeeping business brings great personal rewards, incredible challenges, and many life style changes. As an “aspiring” member of the North Carolina Bed & Breakfasts and Inns (NCBBI) Association, you will gain great insights into our industry and be better prepared for the journey ahead.
Aspiring membership opportunities include:
- A statewide network of successful innkeepers of properties (all sizes, shapes, and locations) who are always ready to share their experiences and advice.
- Invitations to attend our regional socials.
- Attendance at our board & general membership meetings (non-voting status).
- Subscription to our monthly eBlasts.
- Contacts with vendors who provide services and amenities to our industry.
- Listing on our NCBBI.org web site.
Annual membership dues are $150, based on a 12-month cycle, starting from the date of application. Aspiring Innkeeper Membership Application
An educational opportunity for individuals planning to open a bed & breakfast or inn in North Carolina: Aspiring Innkeeper Workshops, a one-day seminar packed with useful information, offered Spring, Summer, and Fall.
Online resources for aspiring innkeepers
North Carolina Environmental Health Regulations for B&B Homes (4 or fewer guest rooms)
North Carolina Environmental Health Regulations for B&B Inns (5 or more guest rooms)
How to Start a Bed and Breakfast, an article from Entrepreneur
The B&B Team is a great source of articles on the B&B business
Bed and Breakfast Blogging by Kristi Dement