North Carolina Bed and Breakfasts and Inns provides a startup kit for anyone interested in owning and operating a bed and breakfast or inn within the state of North Carolina. The cost is $125.00 plus $10.00 postage and handling, and our office accepts Visa, MasterCard and checks.
In the startup kit you will find information on a variety of topics that should be examined by anyone who is considering opening a bed and breakfast in North Carolina.
- Starting a Bed and Breakfast in North Carolina: a 95 page manual containing articles, surveys, regulations, and resources pertaining to the bed and breakfast industry, including:
- Federal, state and local regulations and standards pertaining to bed and breakfast facilities
- Marketing ideas
- Business and financial issues
- A bibliography of helpful publications and resources
- Membership information on the NC Bed & Breakfasts and Inns Association
- Biennial NC B&B Industry Study
- How to Start and Run Your Own Bed and Breakfast Inn, by Ripley Hotch and Carl Glassman: a comprehensive guide to becoming a professional and profitable innkeeper.
- The NCBBI Newsletter
- The NCBBI Membership Directory
- A $25 gift certificate for a stay at an NCBBI B&B or inn
- A $25 gift certificate for the NCBBI Aspiring Innkeeper Seminar
- For further information concerning this resource kit contact: North Carolina Bed & Breakfasts and Inns by emailing us at: