For culinary creativity, try this delicious recipe from a North Carolina B&B . . .
- Watermelon Punch from Big Mill Bed & Breakfast
- This gorgeous red punch will quench everyone's thirst.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|20 people||25 minutes||60 minutes|
- 1 lemon or orange sliced crosswise
- 1 2-liter bottle lemon-lime soda
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 6-ounce can orange juice concentrate frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- Arrange lemon slices in a circular ring mold pan. Fill with 1/2 of the lemon-lime soda. Freeze.
- Cut watermelon into halves. Scoop out pulp and place in blender, seeds and all. Blend for several seconds on medium speed.
- Strain through a fine sieve colander, squeezing out juice.
- Place watermelon juice in large container with lid. Add orange juice concentrate and sugar to taste. Stir until sugar and orange juice are dissolved. Chill until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, pour watermelon mixture into a punch bowl. Add remaining lemon-lime soda and stir. Place ice ring in punch bowl and serve.
This punch is a gorgeous red, so be sure to serve it in a clear glass or plastic container.