For culinary creativity, try this delicious recipe from a North Carolina B&B . . .
- Pappardelle with Roasted Squash from Rosemary House B&B
- This is a wonderful fall supper dish from Rosemary House B&B. Spice, texture, color, and taste - everyone loves it.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|4 people||45 minutes||25 minutes|
- 4 cups peeled butternut squash
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz uncooked pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh sage
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1/2 cup grated fresh Asiago cheese
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425. Combine squash, vinegar, oil, and 1/4 tsp salt in large bowl; toss well to coat. Arrange squash mixture in a single layer on a cookie sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- While squash bakes, cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pine nuts, sage, and garlic; cook 3 minutes or just until the line nuts begin to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Place pasta, reserved cooking liquid, pine nut mixture, and squash mixture in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Add remaining 1/3 teaspoon salt, and the arugula, cheese, and black pepper; toss gently to combine. Serve immediately.