For culinary creativity, try this delicious recipe from a North Carolina B&B . . .
- Cousin Theo's Muffins from 803 Elizabeth
- A delightful oatmeal muffin, very lowfat, dense & tasty!
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time||Passive Time|
|48 mini-muffins||15 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
- 3 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 Tbs canola oil
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup dates coarsely chopped
- 1 cup nuts coarsely chopped
- Mix oatmeal, milk and marmalade and allow to stand at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Add remaining ingredients and stir until completely blended.
- Spray mini muffin pans with cooking oil. Fill tins evenly to the top
- Bake 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes before removing from the pan