Choosing a B&B rather than a chain hotel is a great way to personalize your trip, get to know the area, and enjoy a cheerful, uniquely decorated room. Here’s ten more reasons travelers love B&Bs. Continue reading
Like the rest of our industry, our B&Bs are as delightfully different from one another as the innkeepers who operate them. Each offers a very special brand of hospitality. Our innkeepers strive to provide that added value sought by both leisure and business travelers. Their guests are their highest priority.
Not every B&B or Inn qualifies for membership in our Association. Prior to membership, each of our properties must undergo a rigorous inspection (over 300 criteria) and receive a score of at least 90%. All licenses, permits, and an “A” health inspection rating are verified. Websites are reviewed to insure that promises can be delivered. Online reviews are also considered. This internal inspection is repeated every two years.
Our innkeepers have joined this State Association, not only for its marketing power, but also to help them grow as professionals in the industry. Spend the night at one of our member inns and discover the difference.
For culinary creativity, try this delicious recipe from a North Carolina B&B . . .
- Maple Ham and Egg Cups from Carol's Garden Inn
- Serve with toast, on English muffin, or biscuits.
- 1 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
- 6 slices deli ham
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp butter cut into little pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Brush inside of muffin tins with melted butter. Line each tin with a piece of ham.
- Pour 1/2 tsp of maple syrup and a dab of butter in each ham cup.
- Crack one egg in each ham cup. Season with salt & pepper.
- Bake about 20 minutes, remove from oven, twist gently to remove.