Choosing a B&B rather than a chain hotel is a great way to personalize your trip, get to know the area, and enjoy a cheerful, uniquely decorated room. Here’s ten more reasons travelers love B&Bs. Continue reading
Like the rest of our industry, our B&Bs are as delightfully different from one another as the innkeepers who operate them. Each offers a very special brand of hospitality. Our innkeepers strive to provide that added value sought by both leisure and business travelers. Their guests are their highest priority.
Not every B&B or Inn qualifies for membership in our Association. Prior to membership, each of our properties must undergo a rigorous inspection (over 300 criteria) and receive a score of at least 90%. All licenses, permits, and an “A” health inspection rating are verified. Websites are reviewed to insure that promises can be delivered. Online reviews are also considered. This internal inspection is repeated every two years.
Our innkeepers have joined this State Association, not only for its marketing power, but also to help them grow as professionals in the industry. Spend the night at one of our member inns and discover the difference.
For culinary creativity, try this delicious recipe from a North Carolina B&B . . .
- 803 Elizabeth B&B Breakfast Quinoa
- Quinoa is a protein-packed, gluten free and vegan alternative to oatmeal. Coconut flakes and any kind of dried fruit add flavor, texture, and color.
|Servings||Prep Time||Cook Time|
|2-4 people||5 minutes||15 minutes|
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup craisins
- Pour almond milk and quinoa into medium saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for @ 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add coconut and craisins. Put into pretty serving bowl!
- Additional almond milk can be served with Breakfast Quinoa if desired. Any dried fruit, nuts or seeds can be substituted for the craisins